No Sound Device Installed

Old April 22nd 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Corey

Default No Sound Device Installed

I recently upraded to windows vista. i used the clean installation. now i
have no audio devices installed to my computer. How do i get one?
Old April 22nd 07, 07:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dev

/Corey/ said:

I recently upraded to Windows Vista. I used the clean installation. now I
have no audio devices installed to my computer. How do I get one?

If you have a separate sound card, it should have come with a device
driver. Or visit the manufacturer's WEBsite.

If the card is built-in to the motherboard, check with the MB
manufacturer...and your documentation.
Old April 22nd 07, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dean-dean

You need to install a device driver (software) for your sound card (hardware
on your computer) that is compatible with Vista. If you can't find a driver
for your soundcard, post back with your computer make and model name/number,
and perhaps someone can help you.

Old April 23rd 07, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Pat

You can try to update the driver in device manager. Click start-type
devmgmt.msc in the search box and press enter. Then expand Sound category
and double-click sound device below. Click Driver tab and click update
driver. Choose search for the driver online automatically (I cannot remeber
the exact choice :P).

If there is no updated driver available, you can try to check windows
update. If the updated driver is available, it will listed in the available
update list.

Hope this will help. Good luck