Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC

Old February 19th 08, 11:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TonyZi

Default Xbox 360 Wireless Controller will not connect to PC

Hi! Count me in too! I just bought it and it worked like a charm for a reboot
or two. I didn't do any changes to my system and all of a sudden, the
controller doesn't find the receiver and on the top of this it completely
KILLS my Logitech G7 until I reboot my computer without the receiver plugged
in! So apparently this is not only a USB power issue, but ALSO a driver issue
too! It conflicts somehow with ALL Logitech's stuff. But, I ordered a POWERED
USB HUB and if that doesn't help me to get work my 360 Receiver, then I have
NO CLUE what to do anymore! I think this solution should be better than
buying a PCI USB HUB, since that would suck even more power from your PSU.

If the POWERED USB HUB helps me at least on getting this damn thing to work
BUT kills my G7, then I guess I'll just have to buy a Microsoft branded
mouse too. That's OK too, if I'll just get this thing to work!

"mithrandir" wrote:

This solution doesn't seem satisfactory to me. I am experiencing the
same problems, but I don't have the same USB controller the previous
poster, so it would seem logical that the problem isn't the USB
controller. My wireless xbox controller worked fine when I first
tried the receiver, but now that it has been a few days and I've
rebooted a time or two, the light just blinks at me.

Any other ideas? Anyone else still have this problem and don't want
to go buy new hardware?

Old February 20th 08, 03:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TonyZi

I can confirm now that both "fixes" work, PCI USB Card and a POWERED USB HUB.
And my mouse is also working correctly! So unfortunately the only cure is to
buy more USB's. Then it finds the controller and no more conflicts. Still
very Bizarre.

Old March 2nd 08, 05:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Worked for me by adding a USB hub that utilized 2 USB ports on my PC
(Power USB hub). I had just purchased this receiver and used a default
controller from my XBOX 360 i own. Weird... Thanks to everyones post!
I now have loaded pinnacle and can play just about ANY game with my
XBOX controller! GRAW and COD4 here i come!

Old November 6th 08, 05:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sean S[_2_]

Default same problem

I am having the same issue with the controller being unable to sync with my wireless receiver. However the controller works fine with my xbox 360. The only time i can get it to sync is right after i reinstall the drivers. After reboot it doesnt work anymore.
Old February 27th 09, 07:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Underground London

Hi, have you downloaded the drivers from the Microsoft website? Maybe
you have already but I was browsing to find a solution myself. I have
an xbox controller for windows (windows xp service pack 3) - it works
fine. It came with the receiver needed to connect to the pc wirelessly.
My question is can I use a standard xbox wireless controller with the
wireless xbox for windows gaming receiver?

Any help appreciated.

Regards.

--
Underground London
Underground London's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/u...und-london.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 2nd 09, 12:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
teknomedic

I'm not trying to be a smart... @$$... but have you all considered just
getting the wired controller?? How far away are you from your computers
that you need wireless??

Also... someone said that they can get it working, but then it doesn't
work in their (insert name) game... have you gone into the games control
settings and enabled controllers or mapped the movements you want to the
controller? Most games won't 'auto detect' an Xbox controller and auto
map the buttons for you... you'll have to do that on your own.

I know this didn't help much... but I use the wired (non-wireless) xbox
controller on my laptop and Vista with no issues.

--
teknomedic
Old March 15th 09, 07:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bioq

Hey guys, I spent a good chunk of this afternoon trying to fix this
exact same problem. Eventually I had to use the front panel usb ports
not the rear IO panel ones for the fix. I think other USB device
interference was my problem. Here's what I did:

First of all make sure you have everything uninstalled including
software and drivers(to completely get rid of the drivers: plug in the
wireless receiver, go to device manager, find "xbox 360 wireless
receiver for windows" in microsoft common controller tab properties
driver tab uninstall check the delete software box OK, unplug
wireless receiver) and make sure the receiver is unplugged.

Then I installed the drivers for vista32 from the microsoft site(v1.1)
(obviously this step is OS dependent)

Restart computer then click "Check for Updates" in the "all programs"
list under the xbox 360 accessories menu (There weren't any updates when
I did it and it's working but by the time you read this post they might
have changed something)

Restart again and before logging in plug in the receiver to a USB port
that isn't on the rear IO panel and wait for it to figure out its
drivers and what not (whether or not you log in or not first might not
matter, this is just what I did)

I could then sync the controller to the receiver, log into the computer
and check Game controllers in the control panel and see if the
controller is giving input, I had to restart once more with the receiver
still plugged in to get it to work finally. Now it's working as
intended.

----------------

I was able to get the controller and receiver synced up using the rear
IO panel USB ports once by unplugging all my other USB devices during
boot. But once I plugged in my Razer keyboard and Mouse the controller
pooped on itself and wouldn't give input or resync.

Hope this helps.

Specs:
OS: vista 32bit home
wireless receiver softwa vista32 v1.1 from microsoft.com
wireless receiver driver: stock from the device(i assume) date:
2/15/07(???)
Razer tarantula driver v2.1 firmware v2.0
Razer death adder driver v1.09 firmware v1.21
all USB ports were 2.0

--
Bioq
Bioq's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bioq.htm

Old May 19th 09, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kurohana456

why dont you try controlmk
http://www.redcl0ud.com/controlmk/index.html go to this url
it lets you configure controls on the controller so that it does stuff
that you want it to. also read some of this
http://www.redcl0ud.com/files/XBCD.pdf not all its really long and
boring
download the latest version (it also works on vista. i know cause i
tried it and im using it)
when you finish downloading, make sure the controller is plugged in and
turned on and connected,
click refresh then click the arrow pointing down and look for the one
you're gonna configure. make sure its highlited, click add then beside
profiles there should be an arrow pointing to the right, click in that
and click add and type in any name. for example: xbox, pc, controller.
go to control panel and look up the properties of your controller and
find out exactly what they are.
on control mk the buttons should be 1 less than what they are on the
properties. click on the control to edit what it does it should be able
to do alot of things. when your done save it and if you want to use it
minimize or leave controlmk alone. if you dont want to use it, close it
or exit it. after that your pretty much done. you can make one of the
joystick things the mouse, and make the buttons mouse buttons or
keyboard buttons or commands
hint: z axis- is right trigger on a 360 c0ntroller and z axis + is left
trigger.

--
kurohana456
kurohana456's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99409.htm

Old May 28th 09, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rakeon

Hey i sort of have the same problem i have a wireless controller
connected to my computer via a play and charge cable my computer
recognizes it but i dont think my controller recognizes my my pc ive got
xp sp 3 and ive installed the hardware from the ms website please help

--
rakeon
rakeon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/101668.htm

Old June 6th 09, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vtolegend

rakeon;4434344 Wrote:
Hey i sort of have the same problem i have a wireless controller
connected to my computer via a play and charge cable my computer
recognizes it but i dont think my controller recognizes my my pc ive got
xp sp 3 and ive installed the hardware from the ms website please help

ive got the same problem too, only im using vista 32 bit

--
vtolegend
vtolegend's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/103833.htm