Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

Old July 30th 07, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Default Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes before reinstalling.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"dgoodrie" wrote in message
The only problem with Fred's fix is that iTunes barks about the registry
being changed and that iTunes must be reinstalled. I wonder now if
reinstalling iTunes will bring back the problem.

Old July 30th 07, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dgoodrie

I reinstalled iTunes 7.3.1.3 which is the lastest per Apple's web site and it
knocked out my DVD/CD drives again. It's the same device error code 10.
IMHO, iTunes 7.3.1.3 is a time bomb waiting to happen. Sooner or later when
installing some other piece of software, the problem will reoccur. I see
that others have had the same device 10 error code problem with iTunes.
Old October 6th 07, 02:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
smyneutron

Collin! u gotta help me out mann..i tried wat fred said..and it said
that it added to my registry n stuff..but NOTHIN happened! ..i kinda
didnt get wat u did though...could u by any chance help me out?..im
rele getting frustrated with my DVD rom..:@ thx..

--
smyneutron
smyneutron's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=32384

http://forums.techarena.in

Old October 6th 07, 09:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
smyneutron[_2_]

ok..nvm..i got it to work..no problems now..the registry setting did the
job..u guys are awesome! thx n good job!

Old October 22nd 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Suenell

I can't find a device manager, Fred. I just can't drag myself back to Best
Buy for a 2nd visit this week with this problem! Please help. I have that
little program you mentioned, it's saved on my desktop as you directed but I
can't find the device manager.

--
~*~ Happiness is life itself ~*~

"Fred Munro" wrote:

You need *some* experience with notepad and device manager for this to work.

After trawling the net for a solution and finding none that worked, I
thought of my own.

This is only for VISTA

Uninstall your code 10/19 devices in Device Manager

Open Notepad and copy the text below

***********Copy BELOW this line into notepad*******
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-
***********Copy ABOVE this line into notepad*******

Save to your desktop as "NoFilters.reg" without " "

Open the file, confirm you wish to integrate this file into your registry
and restart your computer.

Your done, ALL your code 10/19 optical drives should now be functional.

If they are not then your problem is deeper than registry damage.

You *MIGHT* need to re-isntall Media Player after this but this shouldn't
happen.

Hope this helps

Fred Munro

Old November 11th 07, 07:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

OMG TY TY TY. I tried your way but didnt get anything. Then I read
that Collin had to go in and manually fix it. I did the same and
VIOLA! After 3 months without my DVD everythign is working
FLAWLESSLY. Thanx again SOOO much

Old February 4th 08, 10:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Charliecrusader

I mistakenly saved the reg info as a text document on the desktop. You need
to save it as "all files" not txt. When you open it it will give the message
fred said. Took me acouple of tries and examining the properties. Not as
tech savvy as I thought ;-) This is amazing and BIG THANKS to you Fred for
this. The power of the internet

"To be silent when we ought to speak makes cowards of men"

"Rich Sadowski" wrote:

How do I confirm you wish to integrate this file into your registry?

Old February 10th 08, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Help!!!!!

This fix has seemed to work for some but not others. I also followed the
rededit instructions, but no lowerfilter to delete. Only an upper. Still
can't get it to work still getting code 10, and still have a reappearing and
disappearing dvd rom drive.

Old February 18th 08, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RONKFTL2008

OMG - my DVD drive is working again!! Many thanks for your step by step
instructions!!

BTW - in your Reg text, it appears to have an extra space in CONTRO L.

Many many thanks, this worked great!
Ron

--
RONKFTL2008