Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

Old April 23rd 07, 06:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Fred Munro

Default Code 10 / 19 DVD Drive RESOLUTION

You need *some* experience with notepad and device manager for this to work.

After trawling the net for a solution and finding none that worked, I
thought of my own.

This is only for VISTA

Uninstall your code 10/19 devices in Device Manager

Open Notepad and copy the text below

***********Copy BELOW this line into notepad*******
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-
***********Copy ABOVE this line into notepad*******

Save to your desktop as "NoFilters.reg" without " "

Open the file, confirm you wish to integrate this file into your registry
and restart your computer.

Your done, ALL your code 10/19 optical drives should now be functional.

If they are not then your problem is deeper than registry damage.

You *MIGHT* need to re-isntall Media Player after this but this shouldn't
happen.

Hope this helps

Fred Munro
Old May 12th 07, 04:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Silent_Gauge77

I was having a hard time with my sister's new computer after she got ITunes
on it, she ended up losing her DVD/CD Rom, so she asked me to look at it.
After exhausting my regular IT haunts I ran across these threads and thought
it couldnt hurt to try out yours. Sure enough, it worked. I wanted to
personally THANK YOU for finding a solution. I know there have been little if
no thanks given but I'm sure tons of people have used it. Thanks again for
saving our computers and our ITunes.

Old May 31st 07, 11:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
donthureau

Still cannot start CD/DVD devices. I uninstalled them and used registry
edit suggestion. Reboot indicated that Vista could still not install
the devices. Device manager shows the drives, but they are not working.
I have uninstalled ITunes as well since I had also followed their
so-called fix to the registry per their suggestion that CD issues were
caused by device filters. Any other suggestions. These devices used to
work, even with ITunes.

--
donthureau
donthureau's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26212

http://forums.techarena.in

Old May 31st 07, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
donthureau

Since I knew it had to be some other software program which had messed
up the CD/DVD drives from installing, I went back a week and did a
system restore. That worked like a charm. My drives are working again
and this weekend I'll start installing software one at a time to see
which is software program is the culprit.

Old June 8th 07, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carlos

Fred just a quick note to say thanks.

I was having Code 19 drive issues when I upgraded to Vista Home Premium.
Dell Technical Support was unable to help (so much so that they sent me
another DVD drive which still did not solve the problem) but your solution
did the trick...

Thanks again...

Carlos

Old June 17th 07, 04:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JudyF

Any chance for those of us who don't have much experience and are sitting
here at 1am totally frustrated you could give more info expecially about how
to uninstall code 10/19 devices in Device Manager. Do you mean just to
uninstall the DVD driver?

Old July 20th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
colin jellis

Fred's
advice was superb, But i would add in my case it didnt first time, and
when i entered the reg file to check, I had to remove the prev lowerfilter
ref, having inserted the two new references it worked , but do copy any items
in a reg that you delete in case you delete the wrong items, so beware .
Colin

Old July 30th 07, 05:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dgoodrie

Fred's fix was perfect!! I have iTunes but the problem was appearing after I
had installed several other pieces of software. I was careful to reboot in
between each piece of software and then check device manager. The last piece
of software installed was Printmaster 17 and therefore it got tagged as the
culprit. A restore point back to PM 17 would also bring my DVD drives back.
But, I want Printmaster so Fred's fix did it for me. On my other PC, iTunes
got tagged with the problem (device code 10).

Thanks Fred.
Old July 30th 07, 05:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dgoodrie

The only problem with Fred's fix is that iTunes barks about the registry
being changed and that iTunes must be reinstalled. I wonder now if
reinstalling iTunes will bring back the problem.