Sleep, restart

Old April 23rd 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kaula

Default Sleep, restart

Hi, I need help badly due to my laptop.

Problem:

When I close the lid the computer goes to sleep... but when I open the lid
the computer restarts.
Or if I put it to sleep from the start menu, and then wake it up, it restarts.
No errors pop up nothing, it just restarts.

Information on computer:

Windows Vista Ultimate
1 gig RAM
50 GB hard drive
nVida 7800 Go Graphics card
Intel Centrino duo 1.83 Ghz, 1.83 Ghz.

Thank you,

Nate

Old April 24th 07, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ComputerGenie

Maybe the power settings are not configured correctly:

Start Control Panel Mobile PC You Will Find All the Settings there

Old April 24th 07, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
motarola2

click start, type on the search bar: power options, once in power
options pick high performance.

also check if you get the same problem on safe mode

--
motarola2
Old April 24th 07, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kaula

Alright I'll check.
Old April 24th 07, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kaula

Same problem still just restarts... that page comes up saying windows did
not shut down correctly, and my number lock key is always on after restart

Old April 26th 07, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dag Rune Gjellesvik

Hi,
I have the same problem with my computer (not a laptop). It goes into sleep
mode when it should, but when I push the start button on the PC to wake up,
it really restarts, and the startup screen tells me that it didn't shut down
correctly.

(then it tries to impress me telling me that "there is a solution to your
problem, click here", that opens up a window telling me that the answer is
not available, either because my internet connection is down (which it
isn't), or the server (at Microsoft?) is down, which it seems to be
permanently.)

Dag Rune

"Kaula" skrev i melding

Old June 27th 07, 10:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Munzuk

Hi-I also have the same problem with my 6 month old computer, it has a Visa
upgrade from XP to Visa, but it also recently has started to do the same
thing. I put it into sleep mode, then when i awake it, it restarts after
giving me the option of safe mode etc. But i have to wait 20 seconds and
then it restart normally !!!

Old June 27th 07, 02:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
motarola2

click start, go to control panel, click system (you might need to switch
to classic view), now click "advanced system settings", click the
settings botton under "startup and recovery". and remove the check from
"automatically restart", then click ok.

by doing that instead of the computer restarting you shoud get a BSOD.

this problem is most likely related to the video card drivers, i would
suggest to uninstall the current ones from the device manager, and
install the latest ones.

--
motarola2
Old June 20th 08, 05:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
icecycle

I had the same issue. Turns out it was Sp1 causing it on my end. I
just updated my bios and it works now.

IceCycle

--
icecycle