Vista Banter

-   Email and Windows Vista (http://www.vistabanter.com/email-windows-vista/)
-   -   Vista Mail-Recovered Messages (http://www.vistabanter.com/41542-vista-mail-recovered-messages.html)

wondrash April 24th 07 06:26 PM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

I'm using Vista 32 bit Home Premium. I was unable to delete messages in my
delete folder and used your fix of Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintance/Store
Folder etc. Now I have a folder for Recovered Messages that posts the date
and a 6 figure # following the date every time I go to my mail. Example
04-24-200700 12-51-17. Now I can't delete the Recovered Messages folder and
when I click on the the folder it shows "there are no items to view". The
folder get bigger and bigger with sub folders. I am able to delete the sub
folders and the daily entrys, but not the Recovered Messages folder.

Steve Cochran April 26th 07 10:14 AM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

Try compacting and repairing the database and delete the empty files with
WMUtil (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). Then see if it still tries to recover the
messages when you open it.

steve

Malifecent June 20th 07 05:54 AM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

I am having this exact same problem, and I just tried running your program,
and it didn't work for me. Is there a way I can just reinstall windows mail,
or is there another fix?

Gary VanderMolen June 20th 07 06:44 AM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

The other, more permanent fix is to install Microsoft's replacement for Windows Mail,
Windows Live Mail: http://get.live.com/betas/maildesktop_betas

Gary VanderMolen

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM June 21st 07 02:37 AM

"wondrash" wrote in message
I'm using Vista 32 bit Home Premium. I was unable to delete messages
in
my
delete folder and used your fix of
Tools/Options/Advanced/Maintance/Store
Folder etc. Now I have a folder for Recovered Messages that posts the
date
and a 6 figure # following the date every time I go to my mail.
Example
04-24-200700 12-51-17. Now I can't delete the Recovered Messages
folder
and
when I click on the the folder it shows "there are no items to view".
The
folder get bigger and bigger with sub folders. I am able to delete the
sub
folders and the daily entrys, but not the Recovered Messages folder.

If you are not willing to just ignore them, the only way is to delete both
copies of the database (which does not contain the messages, but only
references to them) and let WinMail rebuild it.
First close WinMail, then use Task Manager to make sure there are no
instances of it under applications or processes.
Then click Start | Search | Advanced Search
Check the box to include non-indexed, hidden and system files.
In the Name field type WindowsMail.MSMessageStore and click the Search
button.
It should show you two copies. Delete both of them and re-open WinMail.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Do not send mail.

Malifecent June 21st 07 02:53 AM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

Welll....I really like it! I also like that it automatically imported all my
emails from the other mail program without any fuss. I use 4 different email
addresses, and I like that this makes it so much easier to see what messages
I am getting for what address, all at once. I have been playing with this all
day, setting up new rules and just testing it, and it works really good.
Thank you for suggesting it. I give it a thumbs up! :o)

Frans[_2_] September 16th 07 09:21 PM

Vista Mail-Recovered Messages

How do I stop/delete Recovered Messages in Windows Mail?
It is very annoying.