Old October 27th 07, 10:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
srfk

Default Resolution Reset on Startup

hi

This problem on my machine has now just stopped. I tried messing around with
the settings on control panel, but I'm not sure if that was what did it as it
didnt stop immediately.

FYI the folllowing two options are now ticked on Display Panel (Options)
when Monitor 1 is selected:

- it's my principal monitor
- stretch the desktop to this moniter

(NB these are rough translations from the French).

Hope this is of use,

Simon

"Jennihul" wrote:

I have this issue as well and it's been several months since this first post.
No answers yet? It's very annoying to have to reset the resolution everytime
I open the lid of my laptop.

JH

"Andy" wrote:

I have a 1280x1024 monitor. Every time I start Windows Vista, my screen
resolution automatically resets itself to 640x480. I have no idea why, but I
have to change it back every time i start Windows. I've looked around, but I
seem to be the only one I know of who has this problem. Does anyone know how
I can solve this?