Problem with Graphics Tablet

Old April 26th 07, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nick Mason

Default Problem with Graphics Tablet

I have a Trust TB-4200 graphics tablet

http://www.trust.com/products/product.aspx?artnr=14070

I have installed the latest drivers from the Trust website which are Vista
beta drivers but I'm having a problem with the cursor. It works fine for a
few seconds then a second cursor appears on screen above the first.

With the pen at the bottom of the tablet there is a 2 inch gap between the
two cursors which flash quickly, the focus alternates between them, as I
move the pen up the tablet towards the top edge the gap reduces until the
two cursors meet when the pen reaches the top edge.

It seems to be something to do with the pen offset. If I uncheck the auto
setting for the offset and click the adjust button it tell you to move the
cursor round the screen. While it's doing this the cursor is fine, as soon
as the app has finished and gives the OK the second cursor returns.

The tablet works fine on my XP laptop.

I have emailed Trust tech support who have asked me if I loaded the driver
from the CD or their website, despite me having made it clear in my email
that I used the drive from their site! This does not inspire me that they
will be able to solve the problem.

Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.
--

Regards
Nick

Old November 20th 07, 08:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sam Lowe

Dude, im having the same problem, although i think it is something to do
with the work area (perameter), but trying to alter the work area is
impossible with 2 cursors on-screen.

I will keep looking for an answer since vista haven't helped you out be
the looks of things, if i find one i will tell you. Please do the same
if you find one.

Regards also

Sam

--
Sam Lowe
Old March 30th 09, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
user

I see that this is an old post, but since no solution is posted, I'm
going ahead and post what worked for me... hopefully it will be helpful
for others!

I was having a similar problem with Trust TB-1100 Wireless Tablet on
Windows 7 beta. Tablet works fine without the Trust drivers installed,
however pen-pressure does not. Having the drivers installed, I get two
mouse pointers, making it impossible to use the pen at all.
So I googled a lot but to no avail. Then I tried to disable Pen
"flicks", rebooted, installed drivers from my Trust CD, rebooted, and
when I plugged my tablet into the USB port, voilą... Pen "flicks" showed
up again....
To make a long story short, I managed to get it working by stopping the
*Tablet PC Input Service* and setting the -Startup type- to manual (your
original tablet drivers have to be installed of course). Now I can
access both screens with my pen, and even Gimp works like a charm again.

That should do the trick on Vista, too. Give it a try!

--
user