Toshiba e-studio 3510c Driver Won't Uninstall

Old April 26th 07, 07:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cfj2222

Default Toshiba e-studio 3510c Driver Won't Uninstall

I accidentally installed a driver incompatible with Vista for this
copier/printer. When I try to remove the printer in control panel, it crashes
the spooler service. When I try to uninstall it using administrative tools,
it says that the driver is in use and cannot be deleted. Any ideas?
Old April 27th 07, 04:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Go into Printers & Faxes in the Control Panel, and from the Toolbar... File,
Server Properties... can you remove it from the Drivers tab?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

Old April 28th 07, 03:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cfj2222

I'm an idiot. I found the solution staring me in the face! I used System
Restore to back up before I installed the faulty driver and everything seems
fine! Thanks guys!

Old June 27th 08, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron Dodds

But what if the only 'Restore' option you have is to factory settings,
as in I loose absolutly everything since the day I unpacked it? I have 2
computers this is an issue on.
There has to be a way to 'Stop' the computer from thinking its in use
... yes?

--
Aaron Dodds
Old June 27th 08, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
PD43[_2_]

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:40:33 -0500, Aaron Dodds
wrote:

But what if the only 'Restore' option you have is to factory settings,
as in I loose absolutly everything since the day I unpacked it? I have 2
computers this is an issue on.
There has to be a way to 'Stop' the computer from thinking its in use
.. yes?

You are replying to a thread that DIED OVER A YEAR AGO.

That seems to be a common element in many posts originating from
vistax64.