Old November 1st 07, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
PJ

Default VSS idle timeout. shadow copy does not work.

i am running vista ultimate...
and my shadow copy is no longer working.. it hasn't for months!
it did when i first got my system (dell inspiron 9400)!.. i think i disabled
it... but have
re-enabled it... but to no avail.. i have system backup set to auto...
windows shadow copy set back to auto (was disabled) (under services)

and when i right click a folder, and goto previous versions.. it is empty...
i have checked my even log viewer.. and it i get the following:

-The Windows Modules Installer service entered the running state.

-DCOM started the service VSS with arguments "" in order to run the server:
{E579AB5F-1CC4-44B4-BED9-DE0991FF0623}

-The VSS service is shutting down due to idle timeout.

any idea as to what could be causing this? i tried figuring this one out
months ago.. but gave up...
im now determined to figure it out!

any help would be much appreciated!

thanks