Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel)

Old August 25th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hausp

Default Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel)

i have exactly the same problem. All answers and solutions that I read don't
work. Does anybode else has another solution?
Thanks
"Scott" wrote:

I recently upgraded to Windows vista. After doing so, my line in for my
sound is no longer working! my volume mixer doesnt show anything as if its
muted, its not even there.

When I right click, and select playback, it only shows speakers /
headphones, checked as if working properly, no line in is visible.

When select the recording tab, it shows my microphone as working, and
checked. underneith it shows my line in, but says "currently unavailable",
and it is not checked. (and wont let me configure). When I look further
into it, and right click, selecting properties, It says (under controller
properties) that it is working properly! It also shows that the jack
information as rear panel 3.5 mm jack (its not, its a traditional jack like a
headset or microphone utilizes. under device usage: it shows use this device
(enable).

Im sure there is some way for me to "enable" my line in jack so the sound
from my other devices comes through, but i do not know where to go.

I have a sigmatel driver. I sat through Dell customer support and
downloaded the new Driver that works for sigmatel, uninstalled the driver,
reinstalled. Also retrieved a driver directly from sigmatel for the issue,
and still nothing. This is why I presume there is just a simple setting
somewhere.

Any idea what im missing?

Old August 25th 07, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Did you right click in the Playback and Recording windows and check both "Show
Disconnected Devices" and "Show Disabled Devices"?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 25th 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hausp

Yes i did. The strangest thing is that i can "see" sound, but i can't hear
it. ( I can see it in the window "recording"
The sound meter moves when i've connected something, but i can't hear a thing.
It's very strange...

Old August 25th 07, 06:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Do you mean when you speak into the microphone, you do not hear it coming from
the speakers? That's the way it is supposed to be. Try recording something
with Sound Recorder (Start All Programs Accessories) and then playing it
back.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 27th 07, 04:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hausp

Yes that's what I mean, but it's the line in that I can't hear. I can record
sound and Windows registrates it, but I want to hear it "live", but that
doesn't work.
I think that you can activate it, but I don't know where...

Old August 27th 07, 06:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

In Control Panel (Classic view) Sound Playback, highlight Speakers and see
if there is a slider on the Levels tab for the Line In.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

Old August 27th 07, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hausp

I don't really understand what you mean... My mothertongue is dutch, you see.
But when nothing is attached to the line in, the line in is deactivated and
from the moment I put sth in the line-in, Windows notices it, but I can't
hear a thing like always... Maybe I have to contact a dutch-speeking person
or contact the manufacturer of my notebook for more information...
Thanks

Old January 23rd 08, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Fredrik

Did you ever found a solution to your problem? I have exactly the same, I
need to to get the sound back from the microphone to the earphones.

Old June 7th 08, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mike_vargas

Issue: where the hell are LINE-IN in VISTA?

System:
Dell Dimension 9200
SIGMATEL AUDIO CODECS (vers controler: 6.10.0.5511). drivers yet
updated.
Updated motherbroad.

Modified windows register like this:EnableImputMonitor = 01

In panel of control..SOUNDS...I cannot see line-in

WHERE ARE LINE-IN??????

--
mike_vargas
mike_vargas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51163

http://forums.techarena.in

Old June 7th 08, 09:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
johngalt

What type of audio do you have your Sigmatel set you - if anything other
than 2 channel / stereo audio, then you're telling Sigmatel to use you
line in jack as a redirected output jack for rear speakers./...

--
johngalt

Core 2 Quad 6600 G0 CPU
Tuniq Tower 120 LFB Cooler
eVGA 780i Motherboard
OCZ ModXStream 780W SLI Ready PSU
eVGA 8800 GTS 512 KO edition GA
2 X 2GB OCZ PC2-8000 ReaperX HPC RAM
2 X Seagate 500 GB 7200.10 RPM 32MB Cache HDs
WD 250 GB 7200 RPM 8 MB Cache HD
SONY DRU-830A Dual Layer IDE DVD burner
Hauppage WinTV 1800 HVR TV Tuner card with Remote
ThermalTake Armour case