Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel)

Old June 7th 08, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mike_vargas[_2_]

Default Sound problems with the line in for vista (sigmatel)

JohnGalt,

my speakers are INSPIRE 280 -very basics-
I connect back my PC the red/white in one jack for sound xbox 360...in
line-in. I am pretty sure that line in is mute, updating drivers and
motherbroad, changing windows registrer...and still I cannot see in
panel control--sound--Speakers---level bar lever for line-in (I
see only: sound of speakers and Monitor in)

|Filename: mi panel control sonidos.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=6878|

mike_vargas
mike_vargas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=51163
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=738141

http://forums.techarena.in

Old July 20th 08, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chasity

--
My son spilled soda on my keyboard and it still works but my computer lost
its sound so did my speakers so what can I do.

"Scott" wrote:

I recently upgraded to Windows vista. After doing so, my line in for my
sound is no longer working! my volume mixer doesnt show anything as if its
muted, its not even there.

When I right click, and select playback, it only shows speakers /
headphones, checked as if working properly, no line in is visible.

When select the recording tab, it shows my microphone as working, and
checked. underneith it shows my line in, but says "currently unavailable",
and it is not checked. (and wont let me configure). When I look further
into it, and right click, selecting properties, It says (under controller
properties) that it is working properly! It also shows that the jack
information as rear panel 3.5 mm jack (its not, its a traditional jack like a
headset or microphone utilizes. under device usage: it shows use this device
(enable).

Im sure there is some way for me to "enable" my line in jack so the sound
from my other devices comes through, but i do not know where to go.

I have a sigmatel driver. I sat through Dell customer support and
downloaded the new Driver that works for sigmatel, uninstalled the driver,
reinstalled. Also retrieved a driver directly from sigmatel for the issue,
and still nothing. This is why I presume there is just a simple setting
somewhere.

Any idea what im missing?

Old July 20th 08, 11:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Nonny

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:05:00 -0700, Chasity
wrote:

I have windows vista. And wandering if you fixed your problem and can help me
with mine.
--
My son spilled soda on my keyboard and it still works but my computer lost
its sound so did my speakers so what can I do.

"Scott" hasn't been here since April of last year (when he made the
post you are replying to).
Old December 10th 08, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
victgann

Hi -

this is the closest thread i can find to my issue. The solutions posted
help me somewhat but not completely. Here is the issue.
I am using vista 32 bit Ultimate. I have a sigmatel sound card, i wish
to record music via the line in and hear what i am recording live.
Problem is - i am using surround sound speakers, i find i can only hear
the treble part of the sound as its recorded. The line in area in
sounds\recording devices is non configurable, that is the issue. How do
i enable this area to be configurable and set my configuration to 5.1?
This is driving me nuts, i even reverted back to xpsp2 but the problem
is there too!
Anybody got a resolution to this?
Many thanks - Victor

--
victgann
victgann's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/victgann.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old December 11th 08, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
The Max[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 17:09:04 +0530, victgann
wrote:

Hi -

this is the closest thread i can find to my issue.

You don't use someone else's thread, you start your own.

Reason? One is that it's considered rude to hijack an existing
thread. Two is that after a thread has been active for a couple days,
people that aren't already involved in the discussion don't check
back.

Old May 2nd 09, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ray Luca

wrote:

I have windows vista. And wandering if you fixed your problem and can help me
with mine.
--
My son spilled soda on my keyboard and it still works but my computer lost
its sound so did my speakers so what can I do.

"Scott" hasn't been here since April of last year (when he made the
post you are replying to).

You're replying to a post made LAST JULY?

Since you didn't even have anything to say, it's obvious you're an
idiot.
Old June 1st 09, 07:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
djc200

mike_vargas;3788130 Wrote:
Issue: where the hell are LINE-IN in VISTA?

System:
Dell Dimension 9200
SIGMATEL AUDIO CODECS (vers controler: 6.10.0.5511). drivers yet
updated.
Updated motherbroad.

Modified windows register like this:EnableImputMonitor = 01

In panel of control..SOUNDS...I cannot see line-in

WHERE ARE LINE-IN??????

JohnGalt,

my speakers are INSPIRE 280 -very basics-
I connect back my PC the red/white in one jack for sound xbox 360...in
line-in. I am pretty sure that line in is mute, updating drivers and
motherbroad, changing windows registrer...and still I cannot see in
panel control--sound--Speakers---level bar lever for line-in (I
see only: sound of speakers and Monitor in)

yes, what he said. please help!!

--
djc200
djc200's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/102547.htm