Old November 4th 07, 09:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

Default SD (Secure Digital) Causes Blue Screen in Vista x64

do you know what the update was? did you try going into device
manager and doing a driver rollback? (and or a system restore?)

this is extremely painful to read and has to be much worse for you,
and I admire you patience.

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 19:26:32 -0500, coljohnhannibalsmith
wrote:

During all of this I was still connected to the Internet
and one of my applications installed an update. I was persuaded to
restart, which I did, with the SD Card still inserted. When Windows
tried to launch the Desktop the system Blue Screened. I then removed
the SD Card and Cold Booted. I started Windows normally, then
reinserted the SD Card after Windows had completely loaded the Desktop.
A dialog Box popped up stating that my HD Soft Conn Modem had stopped
working; but I closed it and persevered. I was prompted to format the
SD card and when I clicked "OK" another Blue Screen.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP