Create a New Partition for Some Unallocated Space - Need Help

Old April 30th 07, 06:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jake Lee

Default Create a New Partition for Some Unallocated Space - Need Help

Hi, I installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron successfully
on a partition (C:, 50GB) and I still have another 50GB unallocated space. I
am wondering how I can create a new partition in Vista to use the allocated
space.

When I tried to use the Installation DVD to create the new partition, I got
the following message: "Windows Cannot be installed to this hard disk space.
The selected disk has the maximum number of partitions of this type."

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot,

Jake
Old April 30th 07, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jake Lee

Thanks , Mike. When I tried with Disk Management, it complained for
insufficient space. Can you advise..?

"Mike Brannigan" wrote:

"Jake Lee" wrote in message
Hi, I installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron
successfully
on a partition (C:, 50GB) and I still have another 50GB unallocated space.
am wondering how I can create a new partition in Vista to use the
allocated
space.

When I tried to use the Installation DVD to create the new partition, I
got
the following message: "Windows Cannot be installed to this hard disk
space.
The selected disk has the maximum number of partitions of this type."

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Open Computer Management from the Administrative Tools in Control Panel and
use the Disk Management item under the Storage node.

--

Mike Brannigan

Old April 30th 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
JerryM \(ID\)

Jake, did you click to select the unallocated space?
It may be it was looking at the C: drive.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

Old January 6th 13, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

Does your hard drive have four partitions already? If so, you cannot use Windows built-in disk management tool to create new partition with the unallocated space. The only solution is to use third party partition software like AOMEI Partition Assistant. http://www.disk-partition.com/