Old November 7th 07, 02:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Chris

Default Please Please help:ive tried everything! USB inf or somthing e

ive only had the notbook for a few weeks. my mouse plug and played fine, as
has a few other things like my personal camera, cell phone, and a friends
western digital external hdd (one of the ones with the driver on the hdd). I
had the same problem with my webcam which i managed to fix so i hoped i could
fix the external problem as well. i would prefer not to reinstall as i am
travelling and cannot back my files up. but if nothing else works i might
have to.

"DellCA" wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Did the devices ever work on the system? Was there
any particular software/update that was installed prior to this
happening? Reinstalling Vista will resolve the problem but I would like
to reserve that as a last attempt to fix this.

Brad
Dell Customer Advocate

--
DellCA