Old November 8th 07, 10:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carol

Default Western Digital Passport Drive

I am trying to get Vista to recognize my Western Digital Passport 2.0 USB
drive. All I get is the dreaded USB Device not recognized message. I have a
Western Digital My Book hooked up with no problem. I have taken the My Book
off to see if that was the problem but it wasn't. I have searched for drivers
thru Device Manager but it just keeps referring to the drive as unknown
device.

The drive works fine on my other computer running Windows XP. After an hour
on the phone with tech support for Western Digital, they decided I needed the
drivers from Vista.

Has anyone else had a problem? The drive is supposed to work with Vista with
no problem. I have looked for drivers but I'm not seeing them. I'm sure I'm
overlooking them.

Can anyone help me please?