Help, lost my Vista product key!!!!

Old May 7th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Default Help, lost my Vista product key!!!!

Unfortunately the OP was sent a Vista upgrade.
The sticker was probably on the shrink-wrap which is normal.
And it seems the OP threw away the shrink-wrap.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"john" wrote in message
"bgosper" wrote in message
I BOUGHT A DELL pc. It came with a free upgrade to Vista when it
came out. I
received the upgrade pack from Dell but there was no product key or
it got
thrown out--it came shrink wrapped on a piece of cardboard!! I have
done the
install but now am stuck because it wants the product key to
continue. I
can't reverse it so the PC is basically useless. What do I do??
Dell says I
am screwed basically. Can I get it back? If not how do I get
another one? Do
I have to buy a new full edition??

are you sure you threw it out?
you didn't say if this was a laptop or a desktop, but regardless,
the last couple of Dells I purchased both had the Product Key on a
sticker on the PC itself - in my case, laptops had a sticker on the
bottom...

Old May 7th 07, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
KDE

the Dell upgrade DVD comes in a paper sleeve, shrink wrapped to a piece of
cardboard. The new sticker (product key) is on the cardboard so you can
remove it and affix it to the bottom of the computer once the upgrade is
done. Your original materials that came with your computer will include a
way to restore your PC to factory state (i.e. revert back to the original
install of XP that came on your PC.) If you've thrown out the packaging
from your upgrade disk then unless you can convince someone at Dell to give
you a new key (Very unlikely) then you've probably screwed up your free
upgrade.

Old May 18th 07, 06:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
V8yt3-23p3c-BKjHj-K2rf9-8V7GB

我的笔记本电脑是2003年在美国*买的 型号为:COMPAQ Presario R3000 *买后获得四个*志贴在版面上:1.amd a
2.nvidia 3.Mobile HotSP 4.Windows XP 序列号是:V8yt3-23p3c-BKjHj-K2rf9-8V7 GB
我的女儿女婿都在微软总部工作,我20 06年9月去美国西雅图探亲结束2007年3月 回国。由于英文版使用不方便,就化 请HP公司江西代理商重安装了*文版
xp
但是最近*国微软公司在电脑上自动 陆我的电脑,并提示说我是盗版软件 不停的提示我要安装*版软件。使得 我*法*常上网。难道要我重新*买 软件吗?我希望给予澄清事实后并予 解决该问题。
*国移动电话:13065165169 使用者 蔡仕琦

Old May 23rd 07, 08:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
warn8r

Do you have trial access to Vista?
Try installing a diagnostic like Lavalys' Everest and the Software page will
read you your key for that product.

Old May 23rd 07, 08:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
warn8r

My thoughts exactly (well, almost, I recommended Everest...but this is much
cheaper). Good call, Rich.

"Rich Elgin" wrote:

Go to this link http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download and
run this Belarc Advisor.
It will give you a list of all your hardware and software installed on your
system.
In the software section it will display your Vista product ID and Key.

Rich

Old May 23rd 07, 09:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
AT

If he got an upgrade mailed to him it is on the package no on the computer.

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

"bgosper" wrote in message
I BOUGHT A DELL pc. It came with a free upgrade to Vista when it came out.
received the upgrade pack from Dell but there was no product key or it got
thrown out--it came shrink wrapped on a piece of cardboard!! I have done
the
install but now am stuck because it wants the product key to continue. I
can't reverse it so the PC is basically useless. What do I do?? Dell says
am screwed basically. Can I get it back? If not how do I get another one?
Do
I have to buy a new full edition??

Is the product key not on a label on the side of the computer (bottom if
it's a laptop)?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old May 23rd 07, 10:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
AT

First of all the upgrade is sent out by Moduslink second it is sent out in a
casing that looks like a CD comes with and the PK on it with the direction
for the costemer to take it of and stick to the computer. not a plastic and
card board .That is how I recived my upgrade.

Old May 24th 07, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
lifly7

"bgosper" wrote:

I BOUGHT A DELL pc. It came with a free upgrade to Vista when it came out. I
received the upgrade pack from Dell but there was no product key or it got
thrown out--it came shrink wrapped on a piece of cardboard!! I have done the
install but now am stuck because it wants the product key to continue. I
can't reverse it so the PC is basically useless. What do I do?? Dell says I
am screwed basically. Can I get it back? If not how do I get another one? Do
I have to buy a new full edition??

I had exactly the same thing happen---only I did not throw away my product
key, Dell sent me the incorrect one. I too got locked out of my computer, it
telling me my originally installed Vista Home Premium -- that was on it when
they sent it -- was an illigal version. I called 800-microsoft, who then
gave me the number to the server for my area. Believe it or not, though I
was prepared for a fight, the guy on the other end of the phone was very
courteous, apolegetic, and helpful. My vista premium is back up, and since I
didn't feel like dealing with the upgrade anymore last night I still don't
have ultimate, but he assured me that all I have to do is call back and they
will find the correct product key then walk me through it. I asked him to
write to you but unfortunately he was in an inbound call center. Microsoft
has a dept. dedicated just to this problem. I was scared to death when I
read all of this stuff, thank goodness ms stands behind their product!