Old November 19th 07, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Geo

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Another victim here... or similar behavior anyway. Here's my story...

In device manager there are 2 USB Controllers listed with an exclamation
point. When I try to re-install the drivers, I get this message:

Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while
attempting to install it. "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller".
The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
application request....

The other one is "Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller", otherwise, same
error message.

The only way I can use the damn computer is to remote desktop in. Keyboard
and mouse (which are USB) aren't recognized. I'm on Vista Ultimate 32bit BTW.

When I boot with the DVD, both mouse and keyboard work. None of my system
restore points work. I get a cycle redundancy check error every time I try
to restore.

I'm not sure what to do now. Seeing other people with the same problem at
the same time makes me wonder if a fresh install will even fix this. Come on
MS, give us a bone here.