Old November 23rd 07, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Elliott

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

I went to Device Manager and clicked on Check for Solutions. After I clicked
on Check Online, I received a prompt to send additional information. This
occurs only on the USB driver, not on the PCI driver. I suspect MS is finally
looking at this.

Suggest everyone do the same.

"akagiredsun1" wrote:

I'm suddenly having USB device issues, and upon closer examination, my
OpenHCD USB controller is now giving me a Code 12 (This device cannot find
enough free resources that it can use.)

The only major updates I've had recently was the last Windows Update. I've
tried removing the offender, and all my USB controllers and reinstalling
them, but it comes back with the same error.

I have the following as USB Controllers:
- Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller
- Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- USB Root Hub

Any suggestions on how I can take care of this?