Old November 23rd 07, 06:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
khoult

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

I had the same problem as well after installing the updates. The lsit of
things that broke:

1) OPENHCD resouce conflict
2) IDE controller resounrce conflict
3) It decided that enough changes had occurred, that it deactivated Vista. I
had to call the phone number to re-activate again.

the OPENHCD only seems to affect USB 1.1 devices connected straight to your
PC. All my USB2.0 devices still work fine. Also, the USB 1.1 devices WILL
work if you plugh in via a USB 2.0 hub (my monitor has one built in). By
doing that I can still use my USB mouse & keyboard.

I've been loking all over for help with this, and found nothing on what
Vista thinks the conflict actually is, or how to resolve it.