Old November 24th 07, 04:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jehtro102677

Default Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (Code 12)

Hello all,
New to the site and this forum but seem to be having a very similar
problem.

I'm getting a code 12, need resources error in Vista Business (see
specs below) however my problem is with my NICs. I have a dual boot
system as well, with XP Pro on the first disk and both NICs work fine
but not with Vista. Like most everyone here I started having this
problem after a recent update, however I've tried to uninstall all
updates that took place in the last two months with no success.

I've checked out anything I can on Microsoft's websites and not found
so much as a blurb about this problem (big surprise) and judging from
everyone here it seems to be a bug in an update of some sort. I've had
this install running for about 8 months with no problems up until a
couple weeks ago.

If anyone would have any suggestions I'm open to anything short of a
reinstall but that's the last resort.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name JEFFREY-PC
System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model MS-7211
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz, 3400 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2
Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 1/13/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory E:\Windows
System Directory E:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
User Name Jeffrey-PC\Jeffrey
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,533.94 MB
Available Physical Memory 933.82 MB