Old November 25th 07, 02:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chris Cowles

Default Can't faxing more than one page with Windows Fax And Scan

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote in message
You need to post some actual information. How you are sending the
fax seems like a good place to start. So would error messages and
entries in Event Viewer. You also need to realize that WFS is a TAPI
application that will frequently fail if you have installed other
TAPI based fax applications.

I'm suffering a similar problem sending via the BCM V.92 56K Modem
included with my Dell 4600c. It has worked in the past. The
destination is a packetel efax service line (www.packetel.com). I've
used that service in the past, though at a different time and on a
different line.

The error and reason are below. On my side, it transmits one page then
fails. The first page is received because I get it in email, which is
what I'm attempting to test. Is there setting I can send to my
faxmodem to increase the timeout, or improve the compatibility with
the receiving fax?

From event viewer:
attempt to resend the fax.
Reason: The remote fax machine did not respond in time, and the call
was terminated.

Thanks in advance.
--
Chris Cowles