Vista Banter

-   -   Realtek High Definition Audio Problem (http://www.vistabanter.com/45056-realtek-high-definition-audio-problem.html)

Jim Corbett May 11th 07 08:01 AM

Realtek High Definition Audio Problem

There seems to be many threads on this forum regarding the problem with the
Realtek High Definition Audio.

I also have this problem. My computer shows that my SPDIF is connected and
is the default output device for sound. Despite my analogue speakers being
plugged in, Vista reports that they are not.

I have followed all of the tips in this forum to no avail but I have managed
to find a way of getting the sound working, albeit temporarily.

This is what I did:

1. Uninstall the Realtek drivers.
2. Reboot the computer.
3. The system should revert to the built-in HD Audio drivers provided my
Microsoft.
4. Uninstall the Microsoft HD Audio drivers.
5. Reinstall the latest Realtek drivers.
6. During the install process the Realtek HD Audio system tray icon should
appear and indicate that the speakers are detected.
7. The sound should now work.

Now this is all great, trouble is when you restart the computer it reverts
back to SPDIF output and the speakers again appear unplugged, which stops you
selected them as the default output device.

Any comments or suggestions on how this problem can be sorted without a full
reinstall of Vista would be great.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim Corbett May 11th 07 07:17 PM

Realtek High Definition Audio Problem

Sussed it. You need to disable the front panel jack detection in the Realtek
sound manager utility. You can access this by clicking on the folder icon on
the right hand side of the utility screen, above the jack diagrams.

Jim

sholeem November 10th 09 08:27 PM

Jim Corbett;2841837 Wrote:
Sussed it. You need to disable the front panel jack detection in the
Realtek
sound manager utility. You can access this by clicking on the folder
icon on
the right hand side of the utility screen, above the jack diagrams.

Jim

hi there Jim,

im having the same problem as you did about this sound issue on vista.
can you,please,retype the solution little more precise,i would be very
gratefull.

thanx,
sholeem

--
sholeem
sholeem's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153599.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

smlunatick November 11th 09 03:18 PM

On Nov 10, 8:27*pm, sholeem wrote:
Jim Corbett;2841837 Wrote:

Sussed it. *You need to disable the front panel jack detection in the
Realtek
sound manager utility. *You can access this by clicking on the folder
icon on
the right hand side of the utility screen, above the jack diagrams.

Jim

hi there Jim,

im having the same problem as you did about this sound issue on vista.
can you,please,retype the solution little more precise,i would be very
gratefull.

thanx,
sholeem

--
sholeem
sholeem's Profile:http://forums.techarena.in/members/153599.htm
View this thread:http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/745161..htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Access the Realtek "icon" in the System tray and check for the setting
"Front Audio" jacks. When you find it, make sure to turn it "off."

halobest[_3_] April 21st 10 08:11 PM

Realtek High Definition Audio Problem

I installed this last 'realtek hd driver'
(http://www.dodownload.net/drivers/re...r.html).useful

--
halobest
halobest's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/196419.htm