Old December 1st 07, 07:07 AM posted to
Default Vista Hangs at welcome screen

K thanks ill check this out. Thanks for all your help.

"brink" wrote:

Ervinr82;530470 Wrote:
Thanks alot, Well i found the problem, it was a service, 30 or so
later, it was windows event log, do you have any idea why this would be
causeing me trouble? and how to remedy this? let me know! for the mean
i just disabled it, and it boots up like normal again. i apologize for
slow response time, but im currently deployed to afghan ad it makes it
to get good interent connections. thanks again

The Windows Event Log service is used in about everything in Vista.
Strange thing is that it usually causes problem when it is disabled. LOL

You might check you other services against this advice guide to see if
any other services are not set properly to your needs.

'Windows Vista Services Explained'

Hope this helps,

*Please post feedback to help others.*