Old December 2nd 07, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Mr. Arnold

Default Can't open .msg and .eml attachments in Outlook 2003

"Duane" wrote in message
Have Vista Home Premium on new computer. Since transferring my Office
2003
SB Suite, I can not open attachments. This includes file types such as
above
that are not on the list of forbidden file types. I can save them and
turn
them into objects in word, but they are mostly a mess- hex code with some
english, no formatting. I've added the Level1 parameter to my registry
with
these parameters as arguments. That hasn't helped.

I do not find a "don't open attachments" checkbox that I can uncheck in
the
security tab of options.

Can anybody help?

How about right-clicking the file in Explorer, going to Properties and see
if the file has an Unblock button?