Old December 3rd 07, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_2_]

Default DVD-Rom disappering after new software download?

Try this..

Mike Hall - MVP

"BB" wrote in message
My DVD-Rom worked fine when I got my computer (new), however a month later
when I installed a new photo program, Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, the
DVD-Rom disappeared. It does not show up on the hardware list and when you
put a CD (I've tried several CD's), it will not run them at all.
No error messages or anything, just as if it's not there.

When I restored to a previous state/save point, my DVD-Rom came back
however
my photo program was now gone of course. I re-installed my photo program
and
the DVD-Rom disappeared again.

Tips? Help?

Is there an easy fix to this that does NOT involve dealing with tech
support
hours on the phone? haha

~BB

(p.s. am using Windows Vista of course)