Old December 3rd 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security,microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

Default Can't open .msg and .eml attachments in Outlook 2003

How did you go about the transfer of the .PST file? If you exported it on
the old machine and imported it on the new one, you've probably corrupted
your Outlook profile, a known issue with Outlook's .PST import/export
function. If this is what you did, create a new Outlook profile on the new
machine, make a COPY of your old .PST file (with Outlook closed) on the old
machine, place this copy on the new machine in a folder where it will NOT
OVERWRITE any existing .PST files, then re-connect Outlook to it using
'File|Open|Outlook Data File'.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE --
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"Duane" wrote in message
Have Vista Home Premium on new computer. Since transferring my Office

2003
SB Suite, I can not open attachments. This includes file types such as

above
that are not on the list of forbidden file types. I can save them and

turn
them into objects in word, but they are mostly a mess- hex code with some
english, no formatting. I've added the Level1 parameter to my registry

with
these parameters as arguments. That hasn't helped.

I do not find a "don't open attachments" checkbox that I can uncheck in

the
security tab of options.

Can anybody help?