Old December 5th 07, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Ilene M

Default Windows Fax and Scan: Preview or scan images as separate files

The customer is trying to scan several documents. She would like to save each
document that is scanned as a separate file. According to Microsoft's
documentation, all that needs to be done is to check the "Preview or scan
images as separate files"
This option is greyed out. How do I enable this option?
Thank you!
--
Ilene M

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Might want to post more clearly what you are trying to do and what doesn't
happen that you think should. Scanning to PDF is a function of your scanner,
not WFS.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Ilene M" wrote in message
hello-
I am trying to find out how to enable "Preview or scan images as separate
files" for a new or existing scan profile.
It is currently greyed out and reguardless of the options I choose, I
cannot
make that box available to check.

Goal: scan several documents so that each document is scanned in as an
individual pdf file.
OS: Windows Vista Business edition
Scanner: HP Officejet 6310 all-in-one with the latest drivers.
Thanks!
--
Ilene M