Old December 9th 07, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kayman[_4_]

Default How to uninstall Symantic Antivirus Software?

On Sat, 8 Dec 2007 09:42:00 -0800, Alex wrote:

"Kayman" wrote:

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:50:03 -0700, charlie wrote:

Before you answer, here is the problem. I just upgraded my XP Pro to Vista
Home Premium. I was running Symantic Antivirus Corporation version 10.1
unknowingly that it was not compatible with Vista. Now, I want to install
10.2 which is compatible but the program will not install. It get a message
saying that this version software isn't compatible with Vista which must be
wrong. I tried uninstalling the version 10.1 first and it will not do it. I
get the same message. I did go thru my control panel if you are wondering.
Please help.

Go to:

As suggested on the site, you may wish to print out the directions before
proceeding.

If this doesn't work use this:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Remove unwanted programs and traces easily
http://www.revouninstaller.com/

and/or
RegSeeker
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
Then use NTREGOPT to compact the registry; Follow instructions.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt

While Norton's removal tool usually gets the job done, you may also want to
go to:
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
and download a copy of winsockxpfix just in case. Rarely, the removal of
NIS breakes the networking components in XP to the point where internet
access is impossible. This little utility will fix it back up.

Does anyone have any other solutions to this problem,

Backup your data...

as I am currently having it myself and would like help

....and reformat HDD
http://www.pctipsbox.com/how-to-refo...and-hard-disk/