NO SOUND N VISTA SOMEBODY HELP ME

Old May 18th 07, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DaLonelyBaptst

Default NO SOUND N VISTA SOMEBODY HELP ME

I have only just bought this computer, iut had viista premium 64 bit
preinstalled and has an on board high definition sound card. (ADI AD1986A
High Difinition Audio). I checked and it says the drivers are upto date and
that there are no problems with the sound card. The computer isnt even
recognising the fact that i have plugged my headset in and NO SOUND
WHATSOEVER IS WORKING.

Somebody help for a change.
Old May 18th 07, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cal Bear '66

Right click on the speaker icon in the Notification Area of the Taskbar, select
Playback Devices, make make sure your Speakers are set as default and go through
the other Properties and Configurations are setup.

As to the headphones, is there an icon for your sound device in the Notification
Area, or an audio control panel somewhere in your All Programs? There may be
headphone options there.

Old May 18th 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Conor

In article ,
DaLonelyBaptst says...
I have only just bought this computer, iut had viista premium 64 bit
preinstalled and has an on board high definition sound card. (ADI AD1986A
High Difinition Audio). I checked and it says the drivers are upto date and
that there are no problems with the sound card. The computer isnt even
recognising the fact that i have plugged my headset in and NO SOUND
WHATSOEVER IS WORKING.

Somebody help for a change.

Is it muted? Mine was by default.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........
Old May 19th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Adrian

Hi I did have a problem with sound card to in Vista.
I bought a USB sound ,plug it in a usb slot and bingo
very good sound.
No sound card required.
Price on e-bay $10 Australia
Check it out.

Greetings Adrian

Old May 19th 07, 05:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DaLonelyBaptst

Ok, it is not recognising any speakers or headsets that i plug in (i have
tried all the holes to make sure) and it still says the device is working
fine and is creating sound. It is not muted and i have a m2n-mx motherboard
if that helps?
so overall
Brand new Vista 64 bit with a M2n-Mx motherboard using the intergrated cound
card.
No sound generating.
Supposedly upto date drivers.
When i tried to play a song with windows media player it said something
about drivers but i clicked x and now i cant remember

PLease somebody help me.

And also thanks for the replies
Old May 22nd 07, 04:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Peter

I'm astounded at how many reply to these things but don't actually provide
any usueful help!

Anway, I have the same issue and a workaround is to right-click the speaker
icon on the bottom right, select playback devices and set the headset as the
default. it then seems to work.

It's still a bit sticky though e.g. if you pull the headset out whilst
playing a movie you have to restart the application for it to play back
through the headset again.