Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

Old September 30th 07, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
handy

Default Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

I am also have the same problem. My 9in1 works fine on XP, but not on two different Vista Machines. I currently have a problem opened up with MS. I believe it's their drivers since it works fine with a 1Gig SD Card

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Old October 1st 07, 01:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DevilsPGD

In message handy wrote:

I am also have the same problem. My 9in1 works fine
on XP, but not on two different Vista Machines.
I currently have a problem opened up with MS.
I believe it's their drivers since it works fine
with a 1Gig SD Card

SD cards 2GB and larger are a somewhat different format, many card
readers need firmware upgrades (or a replacement card reader) to accept
2GB and larger cards.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old July 30th 08, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dan Orr

Default Failure to read large capacity SD Cards

I have two Dell computers. A XPS loaded and an Insperon laptop loaded (lots of memory and HD space) I have found that the multi card reader in the DT will read upt to and including a 8GB CF card, 1 GB SD Card but nothing over 1GB in the SD slot. However the LT reads SD cards and will read any size. Replaced the card reader on the DT still no luck. Flashed BIOS still doesn't work. Leads me to believe based on my results and what I have read here that Vista must have a bug in it. I also have a USB device that I can plug the SD card into and then read it through the USB port but with the large capacity card neither machine will read it. In the multi card reader when I put the card in the reader and click the appropriate drive it locks the explorer window up until I remove the card.
Old October 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Philip Dawson

Default sd card reader wont read over 1gb in vista

I have the same problem on a new vista machine, not with a new HP laptop running vista, not with the same card reader in xp, and not using a $7 USB2 thumbdrive SD card reader in any machine using SD cards up to 8GB. I dont connect digital still cameras as they, like most mobile phones with micro sd cards are still using USB 1.1 and incredibly slow at loading a GB of pictures, whereas most digital video cameras use USB 2.
I tried all the windows fixes mentioned above and all resulted in the error message "does not apply to this system".
Old October 6th 08, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Philip Dawson