NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Old May 19th 07, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
geheimnisagent

Default NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Hiya,
I have just bought a compaq Presario F504EU... and it seems to run fine with
Vista (came pre-installed).
The main problem I am having is with the NVIDIA nForce Networking
Controller, in that it randomly stops working. Nvidia don't want to know,
Compaq online realtime tech support didnt help (they gave me wireless info
for XP!!) and im not paying £40 for microsoft help (apparently my product ID
isn't valid!).

I'm fine, surfing away on the net, then all of a sudden theres 'limited
connectivity' and I can't do anything. Windows diagnose doesn't help and when
I try disabling and re-enabling the networking controller in device manager
it freezes.
I've downloaded and installed multiple 'fixes' thrown at me by forums,
including a genuine windows update for the networking controller, but STILL
experience this problem.

Its not an ISP or cable problem as they've been checked and/or replaced...
I have vista home premium 32-bit btw... (and I'm talking LAN not WAN)

I would really appreciate if someone could help, its really frustrating...
Thanks

Old May 20th 07, 07:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Neil Harley

geheimnisagent wrote:
[...]

The nVidia NIC on my motherboard was doing this when copying files across my
LAN and for me to resolve it I had to unbind IPV6, and then disable 'Large
Send Offload version ...' and TCP Checksum Offload from the NIC.

Control Panel
Network and Sharing Centre
Manage Connections
Right click your connection
Properties and then uncheck TCP/IPv6
Configure
uncheck the Large Send Offload and the TCP Checksum Offload

You might also want to put your NIC onto the correct duplex settings rather
than leaving it on Auto Negotiation

If that doesn't work then I don't know what the problem with your NIC is but
since changing those settings I have been able to copy files without the
connection dying on me.

hth

Old April 13th 09, 12:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Azariah[_8_]

Hi,

I had the same issue with Windows vista 32-bit. i tried the steps given
here - http://forums.techarena.in/networkin...ty/1118210.htm

--
Azariah
Azariah's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/76813.htm