Vista Banter

-   -   line in disabled..will not enable (http://www.vistabanter.com/47108-line-disabled-will-not-enable.html)

beardo May 21st 07 03:15 AM

line in disabled..will not enable

in sound the line in is shown...but "currently not available"..tried to
enable...it doesn't...what next?

Richard Urban May 21st 07 01:05 PM

line in disabled..will not enable

You need certified Vista drivers for your sound device. These are what
controls the various sound device functions. Without the advanced
manufacturers drivers you will likely have minimal functionality and control
of your sound card.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Cal Bear '66 May 21st 07 01:48 PM

line in disabled..will not enable

What audio adapter?
On-board or add-in card (what brand and model)?

beardo May 21st 07 07:06 PM

"Richard Urban" wrote:

You need certified Vista drivers for your sound device. These are what
controls the various sound device functions. Without the advanced
manufacturers drivers you will likely have minimal functionality and control
of your sound card.

--
It's a brand new P105 Toshiba satelitte laptop...the drivers came pre-installed..I checked for updated and did that...the line in should work..I'll call Toshiba..thanks