Old December 18th 07, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_2_]

Default Automatic Device Backup

"Ciarán McK" wrote in message
Is there any utility that will automatically backup an external device,
such
as a usb flash drive, to the hard drive.... perhaps as an autoplay option?
Because that might relieve my constant paranoia that swathes of some
gigantic
essay I'm working on will be mercilessly obliterated before I remember to
save.

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com... dware_devices

The word processor you are using should be set to back up after every few
minutes, and the location of the saves should be set to the external drive.

--
Mike Hall - MVP