CAN'T RENAME A FOLDER

Old May 21st 07, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
tjbelliardd

Default CAN'T RENAME A FOLDER

I'm running vista home premium and i am having trouble when trying to rename
a folder, i right click on the folder and the rename option does not appear
in the menu, i try with the file options in the explorer but when i click the
rename options nothing happens, i'm also having problems with another folder
every time open it the explorer crashes and says it has to shutdown, what
can i do to solve this issues, anny help will be appreciated.
Old May 21st 07, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dean-dean

Many times the "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" error, especially when
browsing folders, is due to a 3rd party entry added to the right-click
context menu of Windows Explorer, and it isn't working out too well,
registry-wise. Is there a program that you've installed that has added an
item to your context menu when you right-click folders? If so, check that
Program's Options/ Preferences/Properties to see to see if that shell
extension can be turned off. Otherwise, I would uninstall the program, or
ask for help on how to find the particular context menu entry in the
registry, so that you can delete it.

Old May 23rd 07, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
mecclone

I am having the same issues. It just started doing that. I tried right
clicking, using explorer, changing properties, all to no avail. One day it
worked, then next it did not. Very frustrating.

Old June 12th 07, 08:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
brink

tjbelliardd;317217 Wrote:
I'm running vista home premium and i am having trouble when trying to
rename
a folder, i right click on the folder and the rename option does not
appear
in the menu, i try with the file options in the explorer but when i
click the
rename options nothing happens, i'm also having problems with another
folder
every time open it the explorer crashes and says it has to shutdown,
what
can i do to solve this issues, anny help will be appreciated.

Hello,

You might try going here and try it to see if it helps you. It resets
the folder's association.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html

Hope it helps,
Shawn

--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that don't ask them.*
'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others.
Old June 16th 07, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
180pilot

I see a lot of people with this problem when trying to rename a folder, I've
tried to rename in safe mode and it still won't keeps telling me "Folder
does not exist".

I'd think it can't be another program if it happens in safe mode?

Old February 18th 10, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
steffen larssen

Default help

1. issue download Unlocker from this web adress, and use it to change the name: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

2. issue can't help you

tjbelliard wrote:

CAN'T RENAME A FOLDER
21-May-07

I'm running vista home premium and i am having trouble when trying to rename
a folder, i right click on the folder and the rename option does not appear
in the menu, i try with the file options in the explorer but when i click the
rename options nothing happens, i'm also having problems with another folder
every time open it the explorer crashes and says it has to shutdown, what
can i do to solve this issues, anny help will be appreciated.

On Monday, May 21, 2007 4:43 PM
tjbelliard wrote:

CAN'T RENAME A FOLDER
I'm running vista home premium and i am having trouble when trying to rename
a folder, i right click on the folder and the rename option does not appear
in the menu, i try with the file options in the explorer but when i click the
rename options nothing happens, i'm also having problems with another folder
every time open it the explorer crashes and says it has to shutdown, what
can i do to solve this issues, anny help will be appreciated.

On Monday, May 21, 2007 5:36 PM
dean-dean wrote:

Many times the "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" error, especially
Many times the "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" error, especially when
browsing folders, is due to a 3rd party entry added to the right-click
context menu of Windows Explorer, and it isn't working out too well,
registry-wise. Is there a program that you've installed that has added an
item to your context menu when you right-click folders? If so, check that
Program's Options/ Preferences/Properties to see to see if that shell
extension can be turned off. Otherwise, I would uninstall the program, or
ask for help on how to find the particular context menu entry in the
registry, so that you can delete it.

"tjbelliardd" wrote in message

On Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:59 PM
mecclon wrote:

I am having the same issues. It just started doing that.
I am having the same issues. It just started doing that. I tried right
clicking, using explorer, changing properties, all to no avail. One day it
worked, then next it did not. Very frustrating.

"dean-dean" wrote:

On Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:07 AM
brink wrote:

CAN'T RENAME A FOLDER
tjbelliardd;317217 Wrote:

Hello,

You might try going here and try it to see if it helps you. It resets
the folder's association.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69837-new-folder.html

Hope it helps,
Shawn

--
brink

*There are no dumb questions, just the people that don't ask them.*
'_www.Vistax64.com_' (http://www.vistax64.com/www.Vistax64.com)
Please post feedback to help others.

On Saturday, June 16, 2007 4:36 PM
180pilo wrote:

I see a lot of people with this problem when trying to rename a folder, I've
I see a lot of people with this problem when trying to rename a folder, I've
tried to rename in safe mode and it still won't keeps telling me "Folder
does not exist".

I'd think it can't be another program if it happens in safe mode?

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...il-from-w.aspx
Old February 18th 10, 02:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
steffen larssen

1. issue download Unlocker from this web adress, and use it to change the name: http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

2. issue can't help you

tjbelliard wrote: