Vista Banter

-   -   video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface (http://www.vistabanter.com/47356-video-memory-windows-flip-3d-aero-interface.html)

Alexandre May 22nd 07 12:29 PM

video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface

hi!
i need to know, how much of memory video is necessary to run windows vista
ultimate with aero and flip 3d resources?
128MB of memory video or 256MB?
because i want to buy a new notebook, and i'm worried with total memory
video is necessary to run vista ultimate with aero transparences and more
resources.

Richard Urban May 22nd 07 12:37 PM

video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface

In my opinion, if a computer has less than 1 gig of RAM (memory) it should
not be sold with Vista installed on it.

Vista will run - barely - with 512 meg of RAM, if all you want to do is surf
the internet and do emails.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Alexandre May 22nd 07 01:19 PM

video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface

but in terms of memory of video?

how much in megabytes is needed to use resources of aero interface?

regards,

freddy May 22nd 07 01:20 PM

video memory for windows flip 3d and aero interface

Alexandre,

A minimum of 128 MB of Video memory is required, but more is better. If
your system shares memory with system RAM, then be sure to get enough. It
would be better to buy a computer with video memory separate from system RAM
(not shared), but that costs more. In Vista, 1-2 GB of system RAM is good,
with 2 GB better.
--
freddy