Email and Windows Vista All issues relating to email and email software using Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)

Initialize Junk filtering stops me opening Windows Mail

Old June 17th 10, 02:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Tony Palmer[_2_]

Default Initialize Junk filtering stops me opening Windows Mail

Thanks for that Steve, but no change. Should I save all files to another file
location and then reinstall Windows Mail? Tony

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Try running the repair feature of my Windows Mail utility
(www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). Also see point 3 he
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

See if that helps.

steve

"Tony Palmer" Tony wrote in message
I now have exactly the same problem, and identical error messages, these

guys
had 2-3 years ago. Please can you tell me if there is an accepted fix,

before
I try all the recommendations. Tony

" wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message
news

"Mike" wrote:

When I try to open mail I get the error message:

" Windows mail could ot be started. initialize junk mail filtering.

Your
computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (0x80070002)"

My disk is certainly not full. After that I get another error

message:

"Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
initialized."

What does this mean and what do I do to open up my mail system

again?

If MS going to issue an upgrade to is mail system - it seems to have

so
many
problems and deficiencies?

Thanks. Mike

Mike, Hi

I have the same problems with windows mail is any help from other

side..?
please advise

Ray

Most of the problems in Windows Mail that report memory problems are
due to interference from antivirus programs, which it is seldom able to
report
correctly. What if any antivirus programs do each of you have, and

have
you ever had a Norton or McAfee antivirus program on that machine, even
one of the free trial versions that often come already installed on new
computers?

Old June 17th 10, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You can't reinstall Windows Mail since its an integral part of Vista.
You would have to reinstall all of Windows Vista.

A better solution is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail
It will automatically import all your Windows Mail data.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Try running the repair feature of my Windows Mail utility
(www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/). Also see point 3 he
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

See if that helps.

steve

"Tony Palmer" Tony wrote in message
I now have exactly the same problem, and identical error messages, these

guys
had 2-3 years ago. Please can you tell me if there is an accepted fix,

before
I try all the recommendations. Tony

" wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message