Old August 28th 06, 08:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
John [MS]

Default Need Repros, UAC breaks Domain GPO or Logon scripts.

I've been tracking an issue regarding UAC breaking logon scripts and I
need Repro's/scripts/examples. From what I've seen if you have your script
in the User/Logon GPO it pops UAC on some operations such as installing
antivirus or executing remote monitoring clients, cancelling on the UAC
prevents the domain policy from being fulfiled.

In some cases I have seen that moving these scripts to the Computer/Startup
GPO fixes the problem. Anybody had issues with similar cases? Have a bug
that was closed By Design, Not Repro relating to this type of issue, chime
in. Windows 2003 SBS connection issues welcome too.

Thanks,

John
Microsoft Windows Beta Team