Old August 29th 06, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
kfoutts

Default Anti Virus Program

E-trust doesn't load either. When I try to install using "Run as
Administrator" it pops up right away with Known Compatibility Issues..

"Ben Miller" wrote:

Maurice,

ETrust is also offering AV for Vista Beta testers free for a year. I've had
a lot of success with it.:

http://www.my-etrust.com/Microsoft/vista/default.aspx

Hope this helps!

-- Ben
_________________
Ben Miller
MCP
CISSP
GSEC
Security+
"Maurice" wrote in message
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me in installing an anti virus. I have
tried just about all the programmes suggested by Microsoft and none have
installed. Most of the time I get the message that installation files are
corrupted and redownload the programs. I am on a dialup connection(I live
in
the country, nothing faster availabe) and this is getting frustrating. I
even downloaded a 54 megs program that Vista Ultimate refused to load. I
keep getting the popup that when I open that says that the publisher is
unknown(baloney) and then I have to click OK and the program refuses to
open.
Norton System Works or Anti virus refuses to go past SPBBC does not
support
this OS. I love Vista(so far) but I am about ready to flush it if I can't
find an anti virus. I am not suicidal yet. Any help will get you my
everlasting recognition.

Maurice
--
Maurice