Erratic Mouse Behavior

Old May 23rd 07, 11:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RR2

Default Erratic Mouse Behavior

I have three computers all running different versions of Windows Vista. On
two of these computers, the mouse cursor will frequently jump to the side or
the corner of the screen for no reason at all.

With one computer in particular, the problem is happening more and more
frequently.

The mice I am using are all optical and the ones with the problem are both
corded. Also, the two computers where the problem shows up (one a Dell and
one an HP) both came with Vista installed and the mouse is original
hardware.

The computer that does not have the problem is a laptop that I upgraded to
Vista (clean install) and uses a cordless mouse.

Rebooting does not cure the problem. Both problem computers have 1 GB of
RAM.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to cure this problem?

Old May 24th 07, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RR2

HP. came with the PC.
Vista was already installed, so you'd think the drivers would be OK

"Drew" wrote in message
news
what brand of mouse is it ??

Old May 25th 07, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WBurchnall

Hmm, I know it sound strange but I would almost look into the
possibility of spyware // trojans // third party remote monitoring
tools.

I know one thing my friends would complain about when I am helping them
fix issues with remote assistance is I'd often need to move my mouse off
to the far right corner to access my desktop and/or their mouse cursor
would be move to the far right when I started using the remote
assistance window again.

I'd almost recommend installing the 'HID Non-user interface filter' for
your mouse but that fix from ms is designed for optical mouses picking
up really small movement in the mouse lazer when there are no movements
in the mouse itself.

Have you tried switching mouses at all also? Like just using a generic
trackball or lazer mouse? Maybe borrowing one from a friend?

--
WBurchnall
Old May 27th 07, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RR2

Thanks for the hint. That may well have been the problem all along. I ran
adaware last night and 24 hours later, the mouse problem seems to have been
cleared up.
I would have never guessed that would be the problem.
Thanks again,

Ron