Old September 13th 06, 04:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kilgore Trout

Default Vista Permissions

nope, separate partition, clean install

"mikwiz" wrote:

No problems here, and I have about 6000 music files backed up. I also used
the permissions to retake over my external hard drive, no prob. You shouldn't
have to disable UAC. Did you do a clean install of RC1 or an upgrade? If
upgrade, that may be your problem. . . just a thought.
--
Buddha Bless You

"Kilgore Trout" wrote:

Ok, I'm at a total loss, access is denied to my user folders (video, music
ect) I've disabled UAC, edited every local security policy that looked
relevant and tried to take ownwrship via properties . the security tab shows
I have read and write permission, but acces is still demied. I also can't
edit any permissions on the tab, access is denied to that also. I love RC1,
but Joe average user, is going to be pulling his hair out with this catch-22.