Old September 13th 06, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Kilgore Trout

Default Vista Permissions

no tranfer, RC1from scratch, as for accessing permission its in my original
post. Its a dual boot, easy tranfer doest work on partitions on the same
computer. I've tried takeown.exe too, I've tried re-enabling the
Administrator account, it won't let the admin in either. Guess I'll sticking
with XP, I want access to every folder on my computer, and it appears MS
thinks they know better

"mikwiz" wrote:

Is it files or folders you can't access? Were these files or folders
transfered from another computer or external HD after the clean install? How
did you go about accessing permissions to the folders? Did you try Windows
Easy Transfer program in RC1?

--
Buddha Bless You

"Kilgore Trout" wrote:

nope, separate partition, clean install

"mikwiz" wrote:

No problems here, and I have about 6000 music files backed up. I also used
the permissions to retake over my external hard drive, no prob. You shouldn't
have to disable UAC. Did you do a clean install of RC1 or an upgrade? If
upgrade, that may be your problem. . . just a thought.
--
Buddha Bless You

"Kilgore Trout" wrote:

Ok, I'm at a total loss, access is denied to my user folders (video, music
ect) I've disabled UAC, edited every local security policy that looked
relevant and tried to take ownwrship via properties . the security tab shows
I have read and write permission, but acces is still demied. I also can't
edit any permissions on the tab, access is denied to that also. I love RC1,
but Joe average user, is going to be pulling his hair out with this catch-22.