disable automatic driver installation?

Old February 13th 09, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jedi51822

Default disable automatic driver installation?

yes I did.

I will try to do some more troubleshooting thanks for all of your help.

--
jedi51822
Old February 13th 09, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jedi51822

After changing the setting did you power off and Plug your monitor cable
in your new video card?

Right now this seems to work even my device manager recognize the graphic
card as 7900gs instead of avg adapter.

I hope it will stay working this time.

thanks for all your help

--
jedi51822
Old February 13th 09, 11:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alapic

jedi51822;966420 Wrote:
Right now this seems to work even my device manager recognize the
graphic card as 7900gs instead of avg adapter.

I hope it will stay working this time.

thanks for all your help

You're welcome...
just curious, what made it work?
Was it the disabling of chipsets -frame buffer size or do you have two
video adapter in you device manager?-

--
alapic
Old February 14th 09, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jedi51822

alapic;966702 Wrote:
jedi51822;966420 Wrote:
Right now this seems to work even my device manager recognize the
graphic card as 7900gs instead of avg adapter.

I hope it will stay working this time.

thanks for all your help

You're welcome...
just curious, what made it work?
Was it the disabling of chipsets -frame buffer size or do you have
two video adapter in you device manager?-

before disabling frame buffer, install the card an driver; and even
though the system still had video coming from the system port instead of
the card, I then tried disabling frame buffer size again. Now video
comes from the card and device manager list display adapter as 7900 gs.

--
jedi51822
Old February 14th 09, 01:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alapic

jedi51822;967287 Wrote:
alapic;966702 Wrote:
jedi51822;966420 Wrote:
Right now this seems to work even my device manager recognize the
graphic card as 7900gs instead of avg adapter.

I hope it will stay working this time.

thanks for all your help

You're welcome...
just curious, what made it work?
Was it the disabling of chipsets -frame buffer size or do you have
two video adapter in you device manager?-

before disabling frame buffer, install the card an driver; and even
though the system still had video coming from the system port instead
of the card, I then tried disabling frame buffer size again. Now video
comes from the card and device manager list display adapter as 7900
gs.

awesome
Glad to see you got your problem fixed

--
alapic
Old June 23rd 09, 07:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kaiserbachfeld

I am having a similar issue where I would like to install the new Nvidia
drive clean. I don't want to install it over the old driver. I am
having troubles with my Sid Meier's Civilization games and 2k Games said
that they have seen issues with certain games when a new driver is
installed over the old one. However, no matter if I tell Vista to ask
me before hand or to not search for new drivers when new hardware is
detected it still does it. I always select the box that says delete
driver software. There is an Nvidia folder under my C drive and the
folders in there has both the 1.8.2 and 1.8.6 drivers (I have never used
the 1.8.2 driver so I don't know why it is there). The prefetch folders
that the automatic search finds (which I don't know where those are)
always installs my previous driver which is 7.1.5. It starts out
finding the generic VGA control device and then quickly installs the
7.1.5 driver. How do I get it to stop that so I can do a clean install
of the latest driver?

--
kaiserbachfeld
Old June 23rd 09, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
alapic

Windows uses nvidia drivers for their generic drivers on nvidia
hardware, perhaps that's what the 1.8.2 is. And as for the 7.1.5 it
might just be the generic one from MS.

You can try a program called "driver sweeper". Just Google - Driver
sweeper guru3d for the link. Once you install it, run your computer in
safe mode and then run Driver Sweeper and select Nvidia Geforce Drivers
to remove completely.

If you need xtra help in doing this let me know.

--
alapic
Old June 23rd 09, 08:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Spirit[_5_]

This might help as the procedure works on many drivers.

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html

http://www.drivermagician.com/UninstallDriver.htm

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver...uninstall.mspx

Old June 24th 09, 03:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kaiserbachfeld

alapic;1073069 Wrote:
Windows uses nvidia drivers for their generic drivers on nvidia
hardware, perhaps that's what the 1.8.2 is. And as for the 7.1.5 it
might just be the generic one from MS.

You can try a program called "driver sweeper". Just Google - Driver
sweeper guru3d for the link. Once you install it, run your computer in
safe mode and then run Driver Sweeper and select Nvidia Geforce Drivers
to remove completely.

If you need xtra help in doing this let me know.

I had to go to safe mode twice and run the the guru2d twice to get it
all cleaned out but it finally did the trick. When I finally logged
into normal mode there was no driver so Vista didn't go through its
automatic driver install process. Then I was able to install the newest
driver. The roll back option is not available so I know it was
installed clean. I hope that does the trick and the problem with my
game freezing goes away.

--
kaiserbachfeld