The icon on my music is the plain yellow folder, and i want it blu

Old September 8th 07, 12:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dodo

Default The icon on my music is the plain yellow folder, and i want it

hey rogue
thank you for your suggestion. it works for my music folder, but not with my
videos and incomplete folder. do you have any other steps for those folders?
thanks.

"Rogue" wrote:

The solution, I believe to your problem is as follows:

1) Open a command window and navigate to C:\Users\YourName
2) Run "attrib +r Music" from the command line (without the quotes)

if you like you can check your handiwork by doing an "attrib Music" (again,
without the quotes) it should show up as follows:

C:\Users\Rogueattrib music
R C:\Users\Rogue\Music

if there are any other file attributes along with the 'R' then remove them
with the "attrib -" (as opposed to "attrib +") and whatever letter shows up
(a, h, s or whatever)
Close Explorer, Reopen, and order should have been restored

"dodo" wrote in message
hey, i got the same problem. i tried those links and followed all the
steps
and relogged in, reboot, but it seems doesn't work...can anyone give
another
suggestion? thanks.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

"GIZM0213" wrote in message
Uhm...I'm kind of new to this and I'm also having the same problem. Can
anyone put up a step-by-step on doing this. I appreciate any help that
you
guys do.

Thanks,

GIZM0213

Go to the following website and there are a step by step instructions
there.

Shell folders are displayed with the standard folder icon in Windows
Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/130/1/

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"N Barksdale" wrote:

That solved it, thanks

"AyaBrea" wrote:

Please, look at this page for a quick and simple solution:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=565058

--
AyaBrea

"help, i need somebody" wrote:

How can I change it back to the blueish vista like icon with the
cd?
It's
just a plain yellow folder. I go to customize but it doesnt work.

Old September 8th 07, 12:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dodo

oh, never mind. i just found the solution for my videos. and i just realised
that 'incomplete' folder is not windows default, so obviously it doesn't have
a shell folder icon ;P. anyway, thanks for your help

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

"GIZM0213" wrote in message
Uhm...I'm kind of new to this and I'm also having the same problem. Can
anyone put up a step-by-step on doing this. I appreciate any help that
you
guys do.

Thanks,

GIZM0213

Go to the following website and there are a step by step instructions
there.

Shell folders are displayed with the standard folder icon in Windows
Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/130/1/

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"N Barksdale" wrote:

That solved it, thanks

Old September 9th 07, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rogue[_2_]

Glad to be of service

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

"GIZM0213" wrote in message
Uhm...I'm kind of new to this and I'm also having the same
problem. Can
anyone put up a step-by-step on doing this. I appreciate any help
that
you
guys do.

Thanks,

GIZM0213

Go to the following website and there are a step by step
instructions
there.

Shell folders are displayed with the standard folder icon in Windows
Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/130/1/

--

Ronnie Vernon