Logitech VX Revolution / Vista

Old May 27th 07, 04:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RubberduckDK

Default Logitech VX Revolution / Vista

I´ve just bought a new labtop with Vista Home Premium. The Logitech VX
Revolution USB mouse, downloaded the latest "Setpoint 330" software from
Logitech for Vista 32 bit. Vista won´t recognize and install drivers for the
USB receiver. I´ve shut down Antivirus , runs the installation as admin ,
tryed to install under "clean boot" but nothing works. Any solutions ?
Old August 17th 07, 01:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JiiPee[_2_]

Almost the same problem here, but my HW works and Vista doesn't believe it.

I've got Logitech EX 110 cordless desktop on a custom-built PC. Windows
(Vista Business 32-bit FIN), mobo-drivers and Setpoint are all up-to-date,
but still Vista asks me to install drivers for USB Receiver. The funny thing
is, that EX 110 and Setpoint work perfectly, but every time I log in Vista
gives me three pop-ups in a row telling that I should install valid drivers
for USB Receiver. Also my device manager shows four unidentified devices in
port USB Receiver.

I get past these pop-ups by selecting "remind me later" option (not sure
what it is in English cause my version is Finnish), but they always come back
when I log in. If I try to search for drivers automatically (first option),
Vista asks me to download and install Setpoint = still the same result. The
last option causes EX 110 to stop working completely, and then I have to
re-install Setpoint to get mouse and keyboard working again.

Summa summarum: everything works fine, but how do I get the Vista to
understand it and not asking to install drivers any more? Logitech support
couldn't help, they told me to update all drivers, Windows and BIOS. Done
first two, wasn't able to update BIOS yet.

Old September 2nd 07, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RubberduckDK

Wel at last i got it to work by doing this :

1. Open your device manager and look for USB devices with a yellow warning
mark on, and delete them.

2. Be sure that software for your mouse/receiver is installed.

3. Start up PC whitout the USB receiver connected.

4. Connect receiver /mouse.

5. When Vista ask you for the drivers for receiver then point out this
location:

C:WindowsSystem32drivers

Vista will then find the correct drivers for both mous and receiver, be
aware that maybe it will ask 2 times , one for the receiver and one for the
mouse.

That did it for me. Hope this is usefull.