Old January 2nd 08, 09:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Feeta

Default "The Audio Service is not running"

Hello Thelonious,

I actually fixed my problem I searched the discussion forum and came upon
this thread:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...0-13a18639fa88

basically I had to replace my audiosrv.dll file with one from a pc with
working sound. I'm not sure if it's just a quick fix, but my sound is working

"Thelonious" wrote:

I have a similar problem - since 1.1.2008 the audio service is not
running suddenly and I can't convince it to run. I open the "Sound" icon
in the control panel and see that the sound card is properly installed
and yet there is no sound and the same message apears.

I saw on the Net that many people have similar problems, but Microsoft
keeps quiet.

Any authoritative idea of what to do?

--
Thelonious