I Need Help from a hardcore serious overclocker only.

« - | - »

Old May 28th 07, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Eaton

Default I Need Help from a hardcore serious overclocker only.

i back in the day purchased a mid highend gaming pc this is what it
consitsts of.

dfi lanparty dr-expert motherboard nf4sli
ultra psu 600watt xconnect 2
amd dualcore 3800+ X2 toledo core 1.45v
thermaltake toldeo cpu fan variable speed a/m -/+ 200rpm/5600rpm
mushkin pc-3200drr 3-3-3-8 400 2.6v
xfx 7800GT pci-x 256ddr3 460/1100
2 maxtor sata II 300Gb
western digital 80Gb ide 7200rpm
maxtor 40Gb ide 7200rpm
creative audigy 2 Zs Platnium
avermedia tv 350 pci
sony dvd rw 16x Dl
lite-on 56x cd rw

i found the board to be very fussy and wanted to overclock itself at deafult
settings.
i hear the board is a monster at overclocking and i figure wth its still
today a decent gaming pc believe it or not.
well i managed to overclock it the best i could but i know im missing some
key elements and am still holding this beast back a lil. i managed to get
all 230fsb on the default multiplier on stock air. so
i went out and bought a inhouse corner room 10,000 BTU aircondidtioner unit.
some alumiuim dryer duct a couple pieces of plexiglass and a flange and
built the ac into the pc. lol./ sounds funny i know. but this thing now is
running at
-2x the temps of water coold systems. 8c at idle and about 15c under full
load. its so cold the northbrige fan shut down because of the sensors on the
board.
anyways im not sure of which formula would work on this machine considering
the circumstances.
i see people on the web sayin 275fsb. well i dont know how because i cant.
if you know how. please respond
to this email. pics are avail to anyone who would like to see the ac
contraption. lol. overclockers beware.
i dont want to be the cause of your bankruptcy.

Old June 9th 07, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Paul Eaton

ive managed to get a 4-4-9-3 on my ram now. i dont know if i eased
the ram timings or made them a lil more agressive. the pc is now running
much better.
im wondering if i add a +.10v on the chipset and boosting the corevolt to
1.50v from 1.45v
and maybe getting the FSB to 240. if anyone got suggestions please let me
know.