Old January 5th 08, 06:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Thelonious[_2_]

Default "The Audio Service is not running"

Hi
Thanks for the advice, but in my case it did not work - I replaced the
audiosrv.dll file with one received from another computer but the
problem still persists.

Looking at various websites I feel that there is a variety of reasons
for the audio service not working. Mine seem to be related to the
expoiration of some permission that took place on 1.1.2008.

I am comleletely lost now. I use the audio on my computer for a living
and now it does not work for unknown reasons - I paid good money for the
software and hardware and now it does not work. Microsoft does not even
allow you to send them directly a request for help - they leave you out
in the cold !!

--
Thelonious