Old January 5th 08, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
RichC593

Default why does my cursor jump all over when I am typing

Thanks, that solved my problem. I don't have Synaptics however, I was able
to disable the touchpad in the BIOS.

RichC593

"Kerry Brown" *a*m wrote in message
Use an external mouse and disable the touchpad.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"mel" wrote in message
I am also having this problem, it's like the cursor has a mind of its own.
am pulling my hair out. I can't even type a whole sentence without
problems.
Is there anything we can do? I am almost at the point of throwing my
computer
in the yard and running it over.

"Kerry Brown" wrote:

If your touchpad is Synaptics then you can disable it in the Synaptics
software.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/

"RichC593" wrote in message
I have the very same problem. As soon as I begin typing the cursor
jumps
down and to left then begins roaming around the screen. It does this
with
just the touch pad or even when I have a mouse attached. I have a Dell
Inspiron 8600 and the BIOS has a setting to disable the touch pad when
mouse is attached but it since installing Vista the touch pad no loner
gets
disabled. I have been using Vista for three months without any problem
but,
the last week the problem began slowly and has reached the point that
working in Word is very difficult. Hopefully, MS will come up with fix
soon
since no one in these groups or other groups on the net seem to have
any
fix for this specific problem. There are some fixes for other
situations
causing erratic mouse movement but, none related to typing. I am
wondering
if it may be related to keyboard drivers?

RichC

"Steve Thackery" wrote in message
i can be typing along and all of a sudden a new window pops up or my
cursor
jumps to another spot in the page. Basically it jumps to wherever
have
left the cursor. So frustrating!!!!!

I agree with Kerry - this is typical touchpad behaviour. It happens
me all the time when I'm typing on my laptop.

SteveT