Denied permission to access folders

Old February 25th 10, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
acesilver

Default Denied permission to access folders

easy fix for when I needed to delete a folder that I could not because
of permission problems.

This is for people who still need help with this, I'm kinda late on
helping the original person but here it is....

Run cmd prompt as administrator, then type in....
net user administrator /active:yes

that opens up a new admin account and gives you access to everything. I
was able to delete the folder then =) i hope this helps!

--
acesilver
Old February 25th 10, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
MowGreen

acesilver wrote:
easy fix for when I needed to delete a folder that I could not because
of permission problems.

This is for people who still need help with this, I'm kinda late on
helping the original person but here it is....

Run cmd prompt as administrator, then type in....
net user administrator /active:yes

that opens up a new admin account and gives you access to everything. I
was able to delete the folder then =) i hope this helps!

You forgot a *really important* step:

net user administrator /active:no

Leaving the Admin account active is an unnecessary security risk after
the folders have been deleted. It's quicker than changing Perms or
taking Ownership of the folders but leaving the Admin account active is
not wise as *anything* that installs when it's active will have the same
rights as the Admin on the system.

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Old February 27th 10, 12:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Bjorn Jensen

Hi

"acesilver" skrev i meddelelsen

easy fix for when I needed to delete a folder that I could not because
of permission problems.

This is for people who still need help with this, I'm kinda late on
helping the original person but here it is....

Run cmd prompt as administrator, then type in....
net user administrator /active:yes

that opens up a new admin account and gives you access to everything. I
was able to delete the folder then =) i hope this helps!

--
acesilver

Do your little guide also work 100% in Windows 7 ?

--
Bjorn